Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A FRIEND OR A FEIND? I POSE THE QUESTION!

Dear Friend:

Friends are allowed to speak freely. I don't want any relationship that is not based on communiqué, respect and honesty. My only reservation is I went and wrote what I should have spoken already, in passing, in conversation.

I cringe at the idea that you will tell me how inadequate I am, but that's your job, because friends do that kind of thing all the time.

These are some thoughts I've had about friends. A poem I wrote years ago…

Friends are like cheerleaders and traffic cops, on one 
hand, they don't shut up for you, and the other never 
stop shutting up for you. A friend's ears and mouth 
are like revolving doors and safety vaults, never at 
fault. 
Friends know when to stay out of the way. 
Friends know what to and not to say. 
Friends are like trees, their roots firmly planted. 
Friends will never leave you empty handed. 
Friends provide kindness when they can even when it 
leaves them branded. 
Friends are absent when needed, should be heeded when 
needed and state the truth rather than leave you 
robbed of reality. This too, tells you what you mean 
to them, you see?? 
Friends are those who know they don't need an 
invitation, and friends are those who help you face 
the nation, initiations, gyrations, machinations, joys, sorrows, 
and happy days; in many ways, friends are those who 
will be the last to say "Goodbye" and the first to 
say, "Get out." 
Friends can be gentle, friends can be tough, friends 
can be factual, and that can be rough. 
The best thing about friends is that that can be. 
(LIKE YOU) 
Love, 
Rosemarie 

So, are you or are you NOT my friend?

It's not clear to me, and it makes me angry that I am insulted by your lack of remarks on the fact, the truth and the Lore.

 
 

Dear Greg:  "Dear Greg" is that the same as friend?

I would not bother to write if I thought you unworthy of my time. Most would be on the defensive and never see you again; after your remarks about NOT being my boyfriend; that's" the poll" of the Rosemarie's BUD's Crew.

I do not seek fulfillment in any person, because it comes from within. I am a thinking feeling and caring person, indignant to your remarks, shocked that it sometimes seems you have no rewarding relations to me, and you have all your cards, and that is a problem.

Anyone, including you can be too safe, too stifled and too restrained.

No comments: